14.5.11

137 out at the pictures

IMG_3280

Sometimes I greatly over estimate my own capabilities such as being able to produce one drawing a year. Around this time last year I finally finished this drawing here for my gooorgeous twin cousins for their 4th birthday.

This year, inspired by new opportunities and I guess my life direction in general (thoughtful) I am very excited to present a drawing out of Madame Hawke's most recent Journal, Volume 3 (again this would have been optimal if I had finished in time to correspond with current events when they were more current). The Madame Hawke journals are a fantastic creative collaboration with New Zealand artists such as Lou Hatton and Marissa Findlay.

The photos in Volume 3 are taken by Guy Coombes, and explore the personalities of two lovely ladies - actress Chelsie Preston-Crayford and singer Chelsea Metcalf. They are beautifully captured; innocent, ethereal and effortless moments which perfectly compliment Madame Hawke's current winter collection.

Happy Saturday! I am very excited for my French Cafe nom-ness tonight. nom nom :O Like I said, grad = food.

IMG_3265

IMG_3273

IMG_3266

IMG_3286

IMG_3290

IMG_3304

IMG_3280

0A2M1272
photo by Guy Coombes. from Madame Hawke journal volume 3.

1 comment: