18.2.11

95 day in the life

This is actually going to be a massive massive spiel. So don't read on.. it's more for my memory's sake, like a really good dream that I have to catch before I forget it (because my memory is so shit). I just want to remember today. Shit got insane. I don't think more could have happened if I tried, really hard.. Here is the day today, which goes off on several tangents and inevitably speech will follow my thoughts ie. not very legible.

First off had this 2.5hr interview. Names will remain anonymous. Intense testing and ridiculous all sorts, couldn't finish the maths section of all sections which freaked me out momentarily haha but it went well, like 'should be sweet' well, and I'll hear from them by Monday, was dressed profesh for this interview so was wearing heels, booties without socks as I'm pretty sure I've done many times but for some reason today my feet decided to be huge so ended up with massive blisters after proportionally small distance of walking which really pissed me off.

Got back to my Dad's work, change shoes to my flats, which for some reason I decided to bring a pair of loafer type shindigs which are one size too small for me but I thought they needed a wear (this has importance) it was 11.30am and I was pretty hungry, Bian was around the corner and it was Prime Time so I was like yay, how much do I miss Bian. Walk to Bian, with such anticipation but not too much because man my feet are getting sore by now. Happily having a visual feast at all the sushi which I haven't had in far too long before I select the chosen ones, and hear the friendly Japanese lady say a bright 'hello!' to welcome me as they always do. Glance up to say hi... and who could it be but anonymous lady who we shall call RIKKO!! (side story for those not in the know - Rikko was everybody's fave at Bian Mount Street... she stood out from the rest for reasons I don't know why, Howie thinks he's in love with her but we're all pretty much under her spell. Anyway one day about a year and a half ago she disappeared and we never saw her again. We wondered where she went up until this day, literally) This must be like the most epic discovery all holiday, I found Rikko!!! Had like this 20 min conversation with her in a high pitched voice, she asked how the tall boy was and the other 2 girls who were the same height as me (LOL) and I told her we missed her and would follow her to be regulars at the viaduct branch from now on... (has to happen). Told her Dad worked around the corner and she proceeded to get out his work's order form list and points me to Dad's lunch box of sushi sitting on the bench. Gives me a free miso soup (this is just getting ridiculous, I have been waiting for a discount from Bian from day 1) and I walk back to the car hands full really frustrated that I can't call someone straight away to tell them about how freaking excited I am.

Drive to work, pretty hectic day lots of little running arounds. Eat my Bian really satisfyingly wanting to tell everyone the story but lets face it it's a pretty bizarre and guess you had to be there type story if you didn't know Rikko.. I told one person the story. Then suddenly it just gets crazy, get this call from the place I interviewed at this morning saying they've checked everything and references already and offering you a job, and I'm all like PERFECT (because it was)  and they're all like perfect! Call back another company where Howie got me an interview earlier in the week to 'declineeee' and they're all like nooo and whyyy etc pretty much after half an hour get another call from them with another higher offer that is really hard to refuse and I'm just so stressed at work I'm on the phone to Dad while I'm trying to rehem this skirt on the sewing machine trying to figure out my life. By this time my feet are SO SORE I'm running around Ruby in bare feet which is just super not ok, as my feet just can't even handle touching anything without intense burning (wtf is wrong?) and getting cramps in the claustrophobic office trying to suss out 35 massive cartons of shoes (NEWFLASH Bianca Heels are now in store!!) plus I've spent about an hour on the phones already by now it's getting a bit rando, and I'm just half finishing all these jobs before I need to do something else. Call back the first place to 'declineeee' awkwardly even though I've already graciously accepted (hate this kinda shit) get a call back from the other place and confirm there, and well at the end of the day moral of the story is that I am now an assistant manager until I go away, (ph call - you know I haven't ever been in a manager position before right??) in charge of Howie.  Ha Ha Ha Hilarious. Don't even think I can top that with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment