7.2.11

91 muso mondays #8

My cousin recently lent me some CDs and I have become obsessed with old school hip-hoppers De La Soul. Up until now I had only really listened to them from their collaborations with the Gorillaz. They were hilaaarious at the concert, definitely knew how to get the whole crowd amped, and they kept us so entertained with their choreography and crazy DJ. With its playful wordplay, innovative sampling and witty skits, the band's debut album, 3 Feet High and Rising, has been hailed as a hip-hop masterpiece, influencing the likes of Mos Def.



I love this song - it is proof that you can scrap the necessity to rhyme with words that rhyme and end every phrase with the same word instead, and still sound legit.

In other music news, The Strokes are set to release their new album Angles on March 21, how freaking EXCITED am I. This is definitely my greatest musical anticipation of this year, Julian please marry me.

In other music news, I am going to Sydney in a day and Good Vibrations in five days. How ridiculous do you think this humidity is? Sydney is apparently 42 degrees and humid, I think I might die.

No comments:

Post a Comment