27.10.11

195 japanese thinking etc etc

Somewhere between having a drunk feast at Kura the other night (BEST soft shell crab) and shower time thinking tonight I have had one tangent of thoughts after another. Most may realise that Japan is the country of contrasts; an easy visual example is comparing the conservative politely dressed nation with their Harajuku/out of this world pop culture which screams for attention. I never quite made the bridge between how different their architectural image is to their high fashion though. Going through my Architecture degree, I came to really appreciate Japanese architecture and design, it is a true visual of their polite and forever humble nation. Minimalistic, white, clean geometries which in their limitations show just how beautiful appreciating simple spaces can be.

4256144640_c1199cd748_o
1. Ishigami's Kanagawa Institute of Technology

In the realms of fashon, in the past recent while I've come to discover lots of designers which, really couldn't reflect differently on this description. Experimental and loud, the thing I find most curious about my favourites are how much fun can be seen through the garment, for both wearer and creator. The whole design process just seems like an absolute joy. Which has gotta be the start of something. (The burger ring has Made My Day).

SS2012-Look-09-460x6901
qpo2t
commes
1. Tsumori Chisato SS2011 / 2. Q Pot burger ring set / 3. Comme des Garcons homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment