13.9.11

185 cool and new books #1

I have been acquiring a large amount of books lately, mostly as gifts or some such thing for one reason or another. No I am hardly a book person and yes these are all to do with that word fashon which is great because in essence it means lots of photos and what I would consider to be interesting words. I start off with two which have all photos and minimum words which is easy for me and also you (seriously bad scanning is coming up).

Facehunter, courtesy of my brother. A lot of talk has been about this man who was here during Fashion Week, and although this interview didn't really impress me that much with his views on New Zealand he still takes great photographs and has a cool philosophy on his style of work. My bro bought me this at A Curious Teepee in Singapore, signed by the man himself (Yvan Rodic/Facehunter) who was at the launch of his book at the shop. Who doesn't love an inspiring person telling you to follow your dreams?

Here are some of my favourite images:
1
2
3
"My pictures are not meant to document reality; they are meant to tell you short stories."

Yes that lady has a horse bag.



Madame Hawke Journal #4 "fun work" courtesy of Renegade House. And now I find myself wondering, since Madame Hawke will soon cease to exist, this has gotta be a keepsake. I love that this journal features musicians, and awesome ones at that - Chelsea who I have talked about before and Alistair from The Ruby Suns who are really rad, and well coincidentally enough who both opened Liam's debut show at FW. If it couldn't appeal anymore the second section features food as art. That is all.

a
b
"These are our friends who all do really fun work."

No comments:

Post a Comment