1.12.10

68 EXCUSE ME

for my lack of blogging... I don't know what it is that has made me feel so lazy, maybe its the STUPENDOUS heat, maybe it was my mini (but no where near as bad) repeat of the Barcelona death day, maybe it's working all this time makes me tired and no time to be thinking about inspiration. Anywhere here's something at least... These are things that have been on my mind recently, and by recently I mean a while ago I know this is all pretty late...

1 - the latest young star to grab the worlds attention with her new pixie locks (can we even call them locks anymore?) - Emma Watson of course. Yesterday I read an article about how she thought she was becoming too rich to have a proper relationship. Which was really sad, seeing as a few years back she described herself as a young romantic type looking for a guy to sweep her away. She was after all named the highest paid actress in the world earlier this year - insane! While I am jumpin on the bandwagon ( and a wee bit late too), her hair cut fulfills the 'new phase', 'coming of age', 'post-Hermione' moment in vogue history.

ew
from emmawatson.com 

2 - speaking of hair cuts.. my friend recently had all her hair cut off (from very long to very short) Did you know you can donate it to wig shops and make like a hundred bucks! legit... But I would never be brave enough to do that. And a little freaky.

3 - I love how at least some decency has been put back into designers' collections as of late. Gone are the lowest riding, shortest short shorts and mini skirts, and all hail the maxi! Here are some A m a z i n g ones for this summer, holy F Michael Lo Sordo, this is the most amazing thing.

shakuhachi
Shakuhachi twisted middle maxi dress, from superette.co.nz

Valentina Maxi
Madame Hawke Valentina maxi, from rubyboutique.com, and Michael Lo Sordo maxi, from google

4 - How much do I want a pleated skirt. Time to get makinggg.

pleat
Ruby AW11 / Lonely Hearts SS10.11 / Sylvester for Kate Sylvester SS10.11

No comments:

Post a Comment