7.2.12

213 american eulogy

1

Self take bathroom shot ftw. But the real point is, I've gone crazy over this fabric and my newly made summer shirt and shorts. The fabric is a Karen Walker light and fine silk cotton that I just got from the Global Fabrics sale. Apart from being a mare to work with (perhaps why there was so much at Global in the first place..), it's really quite special. It has a white sheen to it which in some light make the fabric look completely and softly washed out, yet under direct light reveal a sparkly metallic shimmer! It's totally bonkers.

I was really into the idea of using the strict stripes to make a well thought out minimalistic kind of shirt. No fuss. Hence short sleeves, box shaped, with a hidden button placket and square pocket that just camouflages right in. I'm obsessed with detail so everything ends in blue stripe (collar, pocket, hems). The shorts are obviously more suited to the pajama variety. But I don't care, my new day outfit is SORTED. Matching Americana is going to be so fun.

ps. anyone got a job for me?

2
3
4

2 comments: