30.4.11

129 40 day dream

IMG_2988

IMG_3009

IMG_3008


IMG_2999

IMG_3001
Cissy// photographs by me

I've been feeling pretty down lately, hence the lack of blogging. Can a quarter life crisis really be that bad? I wonder about what being successful really means, and who I'm working hard for, and whether there's enough time in life to achieve the things we want. A year off doing much is a long time, and although there's so much I want to work on and so much more development to be had, I sometimes feel really lonely. There's time made for friends but I am still not used to not knowing every single activity they are up to every day.

Anyway... this is a dress I made for Cissy as her 21st present. It is totally designed with her in mind, in fact as I told her today if I had to design another dress for her I wouldn't know what to do as all my knowledge of our friendship has gone into this one. It is made with this lovely floral lace chiffon - thanks Ruby Boutique for the fabric! I double layered the chiffon, the top is gathered at the front and back, and the bottom is a circular hemline. I just wish there was sliggghtly more volume to the material so it flowed a bit more. It looks a bit baggy without a belt so I decided to belt it here, but it still works without!

No comments:

Post a Comment